14 October 2008 - Jewish Anti-Semitism at New Voices
I don't like the phrase "self-hating Jew." Most so-called "self-hating Jews" actually hate other Jews and make exceptions for themselves.
Case in point: New Voices magazine, run by Jewish students and funded by Jewish donors.
This month's issue is an execrable rant against religious Judaism, as represented by the Lubavitch movement. I won't bother linking to it.
And they're promoting the issue with a "Black October" survey that asks: "As the global economy crumbles, New Voices, the national Jewish student magazine, asks, is it the Jews' fault?"
No, it's not funny. And I'm not even sure it's trying to be.
Check out the survey questions:
The New Voices Black October Survey
1. The Economic Crisis and Us
First, a few questions about the Jews and the economic crisis.
1. The ADL has warned that global financial crisis is already sparking anti-Semitism, and the Jewish press has followed up with a few breathless stories. Are such fears overblown?
2. Lehman Brothers was founded by three Bavarian Jews in 1850. Half of the CEOs of Godman Sachs since 1992 have been Jewish. Precisely what percentage of the responsibility for the collapse of the financial system rests on the Jews?
3. How will Jews benefit most from the New Great Depression?
-Government-sponsored golden parachutes for every Jewish banker
-Chasidic control of the fedora market
-Bailout funds secretly diverted to buy weapons for IDF
4. In July of 2007, two Bear Stearns hedge funds collapsed, helping to create the conditions for the current crisis. Throughout the week in which the collapses took place, Stearns CEO James Cayne was at a bridge tournament in Tennessee. What kind of Jew plays bridge?
-The kind who knows that, whatever happens, he can still walk away and sell his shares for $60 million
-The kind who, according to the Wall Street Journal, gets high in the bathroom after tournaments
-The kind who runs Bear Stearns, apparently
5. After years of adulation, the New York Times turned on former Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan last week, laying the financial crisis squarely on his shoulders. What's the worst thing about Alan Greenspan?
-His friendship with Ayn Rand
-His disastrous support for massive deregulation
-That he's one of us
6. Would the Jewish community be worried about being blamed for the economic calamity if we didn't feel a little guilty?